The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing & maintaining the production tools & processes for all existing & new Fusion-io products. This position requires limited supervision.
- Work with engineering functions to release new designs to internal and partner contract manufacturer facilities; provide DFx guidelines during the entire product lifecycle
- Interface with Fusion-IO contract manufacturers as they assemble our cards; solve problems that arise; work with CM & engineering to develop production & test fixtures
- Create, release & maintain manufacturing assembly procedures; design, validate & maintain all fixtures used during product assembly & test
- Determine root cause & corrective action for production & install base failures; release design & process changes through ECO process into production; confirm effectiveness of all changes
- Develop production test strategies; assist in design of necessary manufacturing test equipment; manage the execution of production testing; report on results of internal & external production testing
- Develop & improve production metrics; present metrics to operations management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as manufacturing, electrical, or new product introduction engineer working on comparable products
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required; master’s degree preferred
- Must have experience developing, validating and maintaining fixtures used during the assembly & test of PCB’s
- Must be familiar with process development, Kaizen, lean manufacturing, 5S; should be familiar with the design, improvement and maintenance of PCBA assembly & test equipment
- Must be familiar interacting with senior-level electrical, software & hardware engineering functions; must have experience with DFx
- Experience with ECO & PLM systems preferred
- Should be familiar with mid to high volume PCB assembly; should be familiar with design, manufacture & test of PCBA’s; should be familiar with surface mount technology; knowledge of IPC-A-610 Class 2 Consumer grade electronics and J-STD-001 solder standards preferred
- Must have outstanding communication skills
- Must be willing to travel locally, domestically & internationally up to 25%
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.