Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Company Name: Fusion-io
Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, Utah
Fusion-io is seeking test automation experts to join our System Level Test Team in Salt Lake City, UT. This team will focus on testing new innovative system software for Solid State Devices. The job requires that you develop sophisticated test plans, configure test systems, develop automated tests, run automated tests, and analyze results. This position will focus on the test automation for the management software of the Fusion-io ioMemory VSL.
- Create automated driver tests for the web UI product
- Create automated tests for SNMP and SMI-S
- Contribute to the test execution framework that executes tests on schedule as new builds arrive
- Analyze results from tests and do root cause analysis on issues discovered
- Create detailed defect reports for issues found
- Work with development to understand new driver features and create test plans for new features
- A good understanding of testing methodologies
- Current, recent experience in test automation
- Experience testing hardware and drivers a plus.
- Experience in storage drivers and protocols a strong plus.
- Linux and Windows administration
- Remote administration
- Bash scripting
- Software RAID and volume management
- Knowledge of Linux boot process
- RPM and Deb based package management
- Basic kernel module management
- Java or Python programming experience
- Mercurial or other DVCS experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to plan, organize and execute tasks on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- A high degree of flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and take on new tasks as needed
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill at Fusion-io.