Location: Salt Lake City, UT; San Jose, CA; Boulder, CO,
Fusion-io is seeking a Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT or San Jose, CA. Developer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing code for new, high tech storage products.
- Creating designs for features and major enhancements
- Providing development estimates of the new features and enhancements
- Mentoring new developers for your product/component(s)
- Understanding the business needs and drivers for the product/component(s) you develop
- Performing as the “lead developer” on the product/component team(s)
- Enforcing departmental coding standards and best practices for your product/component(s)
- Performing thorough code reviews of all code
- Taking accountability for the performance and reliability of your product/component(s)
- Making sure that all code is well-written, well-documented, and well-tested
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills and experience in full cycle software development
- 7+ years experience developing in a Linux environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related
- Desired: Experience in caching solutions and/or highly available storage solutions
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill.