Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Marketing | Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Fusion-io is seeking an experienced and energetic social media manager based in our Salt Lake City headquarters to support and grow our online communities. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the social media manager will work with the communications team to develop strategies, content and manage Fusion-io social activity across a variety of social networks.
- Develop strategies for supporting and growing Fusion-io social media communities
- Liaise with internal communications and marketing teams as well as Fusion-io Alliance partners to support campaigns and events
- Update social networks and manage communications with communities
- Collaborate with international agencies and sales teams to guide international social media efforts
- Create content including blog posts, Facebook updates, Twitter posts, etc
- Manage social media content on Fusion-io website
- Prepare quarterly reports on social media activity
- Assess other industry social media activities and monitor competitive activites
- Assist with managing daily Social Media report and communications intern activities
- 3+ years experience in a social media role. Candidates without experience in social media will not be considered
- University graduate with degree in business, English, marketing, communications or similar
- Technology industry experience, data storage or enterprise application industry experience ideal
- Proficient in social media sites, Microsoft Office applications and blog content platforms
- Outstanding written communications skills
- Commitment to being first line of communication across social networks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work efficiently under pressure and manage priorities
- Photoshop and other creative skills an asset
- Knowledge and experience in SEO a plus
- Proven success in strategy execution
- Extremely organized team player with leadership skills
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill.