Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Company Name: Fusion-io
Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, Utah
Engineering | Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Working in a team environment, you will have the challenging opportunity to help develop user interface software for Fusion-io’s application accelerating solutions. The successful candidate will have experience developing storage management applications in C++ and Java using OOAD principles; strong communication skills – both written and verbal – are needed as interaction with multiple departments frequently occurs.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing various management software features
- Contributing to design and code reviews
- Maintaining schedule adherence and software design processes
- Providing quality, documented code
- Resolving issues found in Quality Assurance
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary design team
- Authoring, maintaining software design documentation
This position interacts with a variety of functions inside and outside the company, including:
- Engineering teams at multiple locations
- OEM Partners and Potential Customers
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Support
- Product Management
- Program Management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- C++ and Java programming language experience
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Authoring and maintaining software design and other documentation
- Self-starter, with the ability to self-manage project deliverables
- Experience working in a team environment including remote teams
- Source code control experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Application development
- GUI and CLI interface experience
- Human factors engineering experience
- Storage solutions experience (disk drive technology or storage array)
- Linux, VxWorks, Unix, and Windows Operating Systems knowledge
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill at Fusion-io.