Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Company Name: Fusion-io
Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, Utah
Department: Engineering | Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Fusion-io is seeking a senior software engineer in Salt Lake City, UT. The software engineer will develop software for embedded devices, drivers, and utilities.
- Develop software for embedded 32-bit and 8-bit processors along with Linux driver development
- Work closely with hardware engineers in design/debugging
- Investigate customer failures as required
- Develop test coverage for software/hardware systems
- Document work as necessary
- Mentor less experienced staff engineers
- Required BSEE or BSCS degree
- Experience with development using Linux and gcc is required
- 5+ years experience in the industry
- Experience with PCIe, FPGAs, wire-level protocols, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes is preferred
- Thorough understanding of embedded software architecture and development
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal form
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill at Fusion-io.