Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Title: Senior Build Engineer
Department: Software Engineering
Location: Salt Lake City, UT; San Jose, CA; Boulder, CO,
Fusion-io is seeking to add engineering talent to our Build Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to an exciting, high-growth company. This team is responsible for building, packaging, and releasing software. In addition, this team designs, develops, and maintains tools for our engineering groups.
This position requires an experienced software engineer with strong Linux build skills, software architecting experience, and experience automating build processes with Python and SCons. Candidates should possess excellent troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation. The ability to adjust to shifting priorities and to successfully work on a variety of projects is essential.
- Architecting software configuration management processes and tools
- Packaging and building drivers and other software on Linux, Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD, Mac OSX, and HP-UX
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of SCM/build experience
- Knowledge of SCM best practices
- Proficient in various programming and scripting languages, especially Python, C, and shell scripting
- Linux kernel and drivers experience
- Knowledge of the following build tools: SCons, autotools, make, Jenkins/Hudson
- Experience with Mercurial or other version control systems
- Knowledge of version control, build, packaging, and release workflows
- Experience creating Linux packaging (RPM, DEB, etc.)
- Windows, Solaris, Mac OSX, ESX, and HP-UX experience is a plus
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill at Fusion-io.