Company: Net IQ
Location: Provo, Utah
The Deal Desk Specialist directs and coordinates the processing of sales orders. Monitors sales order system to ensure accurate receipt and booking of sales orders. Tracks sales shipment, delivery, billing and backlog activities, providing internal sales reports when necessary. Responds to inquiries regarding status of orders and resolves customer order difficulties. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
This position is responsible for working in close partnership with NetIQ Field Sales in North America and Asia Pacific Region (remote support).
Primary objective is to help structure deals that help optimize revenue recognition, attractive to prospects / customers that differentiates us from the competition, whilst operating within the corporate guidelines of good business practices.
- Help strategize / brainstorm deal structure with field reps
- Help coordinate internal approvals on proposed deal structure
- Work closely with other support disciplines (eg. Legal, Operations, Finance) to provide input to make deal happen
- Good awareness of US GAAP Revenue Recognition Principles
- Centre of excellence on company’s business practices, primarily in respect to ‘Quote to Order’ to Cash cycle.
- Vested interest in monitoring orders received through to them being processed, shipped and invoiced.
- Train new field reps in company’s business practices
- Good knowledge of company’s CRM application, its usability and ability to extract and interpret relevant reports
- Interface and work closely with Product Management and Pricing Committee on planned changes in product portfolio and/ or price list
- Assist with ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned
- Requires 3 to 5 years of related experience – working for a software sales company
- Siebel & SAP experience preferred but not required – alternative would be familiarity with any recognized CRM application
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in multi-tasking various functions
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take ownership for job scope with minimal supervision, take initiatives, think outside the box, be creative and take decisions within reason
- College degree strongly preferred
This post was submitted by David Korbel.