Location: Sandy, Utah
Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology startup that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we’re looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our company is stable and growing quickly and has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).
In addition to the support responsibilities below, our Support Engineers will have an opportunity to work in a small team to build the Support Department from scratch. This rare opportunity requires the right people to bring best practices, in-depth technical knowledge, and an understanding of online product support.
Our Support Team will provide help and problem resolution to both end-users as well as Level I & II Help Desk professionals. Support Engineers and Support Reps must be able to diagnose and resolve issues quickly, research and replicate issues as needed, and troubleshoot possible solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Answer support requests primarily via e-mail and chat, phone and voicemail support will make up a smaller portion of the ticket volume
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve problems experienced while accessing and using Canvas
- Permeate the room with awesomeness when you walk in
- Maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction, providing tips, short cuts and techniques to enhance the user experience
- Be in an on-call rotation on weekends for escalated issues should they occur
- Stay current with operating systems, cloud technology, connectivity, and industry standards
- Provide product specific training to clients, employees, and other team members as needed
- Write product documentation, update user guides, and wiki information regularly
- Identify areas of improvement both within the Support Team as well as throughout the post-sales & support life cycle. Provide feedback to Engineering along with the necessary documentation
- Make others laugh without actually humiliating them
- Contribute to the development and tracking of support metrics
- Not give in to the dark side (serenity over anger)
- Develop training and documentation for future Support Team hires
- Coordinate with Software Engineering, QA, Sales, and Training to improve and ensure a quality support experience for our clients
- As your mother once said: Remember who you are and what you stand for
Successful candidates will have the following education, experience, and skills:
As with many start-ups, there are a variety of opportunities and needs across the organization, therefore the successful candidates will not only have proven success in Tier 2 technical support roles and in-depth technical experience, but will have excellent writing skills, good organizational skills, and exceptional team cooperation.
Our Culture = Your Culture
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We care a lot more about what people do than how nice they dress. So feel free to leave your dress clothes at home; we do.
⁃ Lots of paid time off
⁃ 8 paid holidays
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
⁃ Medical (United Healthcare)
⁃ Dental (Dearborn National)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)
Fully stocked break room. Equipment provided. Just saying…
We participate in eVerify.
This post was submitted by Gabe Ferreira.