Location: Sandy, Utah
Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology startup that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we’re looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our Company is stable and growing quickly and has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).
The Instructure Technical Support group is responsible for providing technical assistance to the end-users of Canvas, our cutting-edge LMS software. Technical Support Representatives support end users, learning management systems administrators, and corporate users. Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, web-based tools, and e-mail. Advise clients regarding the product’s proper use and address specific user issues. During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and Tier 2 Support. They will assist the clients from issue initiation through resolution.
What you will be doing (besides being amazing):
- Initial contact via web-based ticketing system for all Free for Teacher account users (end users).
- Initial contact via phone, chat, or web-based ticketing system for all Tier 1 Support Package account users (end users).
- Initial contact for all Basic Support Package users via phone or web-based ticketing system (escalated issues from learning management systems administrators).
- Impersonate the Yoda voice during down time.
- After hours initial contact for all Premium Support Package users for issues escalated from learning management systems administrators via web-based ticketing system.
- Escalate issues to Level 2 Technical Support Engineers for advanced issue resolution or troubleshooting, as needed of course.
- Thorough work on replication and troubleshooting of reported bugs.
- Levitate desk chair across the room.
- Accurate notation of actions and troubleshooting performed on issues in web-based ticketing system.
- Provide friendly, accurate and dependable support to all customers while providing follow-up with customers to ensure their satisfaction with the services and solutions rendered.
- Support documentation development as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor (such as locating Waldo or Carmen Sandiego).
Successful candidates will have the following education, experience, and skills:
- High School diploma.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment (we’re not control freaks).
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Jedi force-push…
- Jedi mind-trick…
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of humor. Like a really funny one.
- Strong understanding of web browsers and web technologies (cloud services, HTML5, Flash, etc).
- Some college.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support/help desk.
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of web-based software problems.
- Experience in education industry in a technical support/help desk environment.
Our Culture = Your Culture
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We care a lot more about what people do than how nice they dress. So feel free to leave your dress clothes at home; we do.
- Lots of paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
- Medical (United Healthcare)
- Dental (Dearborn National)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)
Fully stocked break room, relaxed atmosphere, and chill people. Just saying…
We participate in eVerify.
This post was submitted by Gabe Ferreira.