Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Company Name: Fusion-io
Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, Utah
Fusion io is seeking a Software Engineer to write and maintain caching solutions software.
Fusion-io is seeking a Senior Systems Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah. The software engineer will help design and implement cutting edge software to enhance the performance and functionality of the Fusion-io directCache product.
- Work on architecture, design and product definition that leads and influences decisions and outcomes related to project direction
- Be part of a group that will build highly parallel clusters and scalable storage systems
- Design and develop our server system and participate in any and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation including: Testing, Test automation, Debugging, Reliability, Critical and/or high visibility customer support, and Performance analysis.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Masters degree, or a PhD or equivalent experience is required with 3 years of experience
- Proficiency in C and/or C++, ability to debug at assembly level, data structures and kernel debugging techniques required
- Must have full commitment to sound software engineering practices and a passion for quality
- Strong background in systems s/w required
- Sound understanding of CPU, machine, and instruction set architectures
- Ability to develop parallel algorithms that can benefit from today’s CPU architectures
OS background with expertise in virtual memory subsystems, schedulers, or networking would be a strong plus
- Strong motivation or background to work on parallel and distributed algorithms to scale systems from machine level to application logic
- Background in computer architecture and virtualization would be a strong plus
- Background in storage systems would be a strong plus
- OS expertise in Windows/Unix/Linux/VMware a strong plus
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill at Fusion-io.