Location: San Jose, CA
Fusion-io is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, California. The software engineer will design and implement cutting edge software to enhance the performance and functionality of the Fusion-io storage-memory platform. The software engineer will be part of a team solving hard problems in the areas of extreme performance and scalability, caching, operating systems and fault tolerance.
- Work as part of a team to understand enterprise customer requirements for non-volatile memory
- Propose and develop novel, forward looking, solutions and features to enhance the Fusion-io platform
- Design and implement these capabilities on Linux/Windows and demonstrate impact
- Daily work involves design, prototyping and evaluation of new features, feature and performance optimizations. For some projects, collaboration with external customers and partners, as well as internal engineering and product management teams is also expected
- Required: 5+ years of software development experience in C/C++
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Required: In depth experience in one or more of the following areas: Operating Systems (Linux or Windows), File Systems, classic or NoSQL databases, Storage and I/O, Clustering/Parallel programming, Flash/SSDs, Virtual Memory
- Desired: Ability to understand the full operation of the I/O stack, ranging from devices to applications, and develop cross stack functional and performance optimizations
- Desired: Knowledge of TCP/IP or high performance networking (RDMA/Infiniband)
- Desired: PhD or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Desired: Knowledge of Java, Python
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill.