Company: Smith Johnson Group
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Our client is seeking an outgoing individual who loves to take things apart to see what makes them tick and enjoys doing this in a software security role. The successful candidate likes repetitive tasks and would enjoy owning the role of software security for this client’s eServices.
Directs the security related software development activities of an agile software development group, overseeing the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results. The successful candidate will assist the development teams in ensuring that the software created will be secure from, cross scripting, SQL injection, hacking and exploits. Creates and executes software test plans, participates in design reviews with Analysts, Developers, Production Engineers, and Support to assure quality in the software being designed. Quickly and correctly analyzes test results, providing Management with decision-critical information.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Consults with development teams on the security aspect of software development while exercising repetitive testing procedures on the software, to ensure it meets security, company, and customer expectations
- Works directly with the IS/IT Teams in ensuring systems are capable of providing a secure environment for the software being developed
- Researches, reproduces, reports, and concisely documents problems found
- Derives test suites from design reviews and product specifications
- Executes tests based on product test suites(s)
- Installs and configures operating systems and third-party applications for testing purposes
- Builds and maintains hardware for testing purposes
- Reviews product documentation for technical accuracy
- Leads risk analysis on software deployments and software changes to mitigate risk
- Reports to QA Manager on project security progress and multiple teams activities and responsibilities
- Make independent decisions and/or recommendations to management on matters of significant importance based on the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in regards to the feature(s) and team(s) the engineer is responsible for
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all company policies and procedures including their worldwide business standards.
- Adhering to company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
QA, develop comprehensive test plans & document test cases, ensure systems are capable of providing secure environment, SQL, experience in Agile development environment, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, exploits, hacking prevention, web-based testing
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with SQL injection, cross site scripting, exploits, hacking prevention techniques.
- Software development and security experience.
- Agile development methodology experience
- SQL experience
- Writing clearly and concisely required
- Web-based testing experience desired.
- Security credentials such as Security +, CISSP, CSSLP, or GSSP-JAVA
- Must possess a good working attitude, with enthusiasm to perform job requirements. Should be organized, punctual, and be able to follow direction. Must be detail oriented and enjoy repetitive tasks.
Local candidates only.
This post was submitted by Karissa Harris.