Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Fusion-io is seeking a talented technology transactions and licensing attorney who will be responsible for counseling with and supporting the sales team in outbound channel and customer-related transactions, as well as other general support of the business. This attorney will be based in our Salt Lake City office and will be responsible for a broad range of technology transactions and operational issues, and for counseling business and sales units on a variety of issues.
- Review, negotiate, draft, and close outbound technology agreements, such as alliance agreements, reseller agreements, technology evaluation agreements, volume purchase agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Finance and other internal clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Counsel with the business to ensure best practices in various legal areas, such as use of open source, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes, including preparing standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and for new legal and business requirements.
- Make an impact and build a rewarding career with our Legal team.
- Experience with top-rated law firm or major high technology company required.
- Minimum of three to five years legal experience required.
- Must have background and substantive legal knowledge in the following areas: commercial contracts (drafting and negotiating), licensing (including open source licensing), intellectual property, and other technology industry-related issues.
- Must be attentive to details, an excellent communicator and possess outstanding drafting skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Must have positive, problem solving, business focused attitude with good judgment prioritizing workload in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player, but also a self-starter and work independently.
- Must be customer-centric and have the ability to lead business negotiations and assist clients in meeting their objectives.
- The candidate must possess a J.D. from an accredited law school and be a member in good standing with at least one state bar.
Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data center by moving process-critical, or active data closer to the CPU where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency. Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability.
Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital processing power. This meant that despite major advances in technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to process.
Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of ownership.
This post was submitted by Robert Merrill.