Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Company Name: SkyVantage
Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, Utah
SkyVantage develops web technology for airlines with multiple fast-growing brands serving airlines and consumer audiences all over the world. SkyVantage is privately held and has enjoyed steady growth over the last nine years.
Please find out about us before applying, we’re a unique and small company with big expectations. Do great work, get your job done, take initiative, and you’ll fit in very nicely here.
We are looking for the SUPERB: PHP / MySQL Developer, this is a unique opportunity to work in the airline industry and to travel the world.
Authors: Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
SkyVantage practices many of the concepts contained in this reading.
- EXPERT experience in SQL (We use MySQL 5.x)
- EXPERT experience in PHP (We use PHP 5.x)
- Writes solid, clean, commented, and efficient code
- Learns quickly and stays up-to-date on current technologies
- Is comfortable working with a variety of tools and environments
- Works well with other developers to get the job done
- Must be able to pass a DHS/TSA background check
- Kicking butt at programming
- Can be your own manager/Lead your projects to completion
- Can set goals and execute them
- Can roll up your sleeves and DO the work, not delegate the work
- Will hold yourself accountable
- Excellent Communication Skills/Ability to train, speak and give presentations – Be ‘presentable’
- Experience, light, and knowledge can be gained many ways…It’s what you can do NOW that counts.
- Participate in the continued development of our airline software including status meetings and mapping out development.
- Participate with code quality assurance programs and change-control management of all company source code.
- Communicate with existing customers regarding new project development, including specifications and documentation.
- Take part in the ongoing development of our products including implementing new features, finding and fixing bugs, and communicating with other systems.
- Full-time (initial trial basis)
- Salary: (We pay above market for our talent)
- Location: Riverton, UT Must live within a reasonable Riverton commute.
- Domestic travel required (Avg 6-10 days each quarter)
- International travel required (Avg 6-10 days each quarter)
See us on Twitter and Facebook as ‘skyvantage’
Please send resume, cover letter, and links to blogs and online resumes.
Final word to the wise: Send a cover letter, learn a tidbit about who we are. People who send a great cover letter will be considered FIRST.
This post was submitted by Justin.