Company: HR Advantages
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Company Name: HR Advantages
Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, Utah
Seeking a Microsoft Excel/Access developer to develop an integrated information database (from sales information through inventory and accounting information) to support client’s business. It is expected that development will be done in Excel and Access with extensive use of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). The qualified candidate needs to have strong experience in data gathering and analyzing large volumes of data. The informational database application will focus on the companies Demand / Supply / Forecasting / Accounting functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Automate processes to consolidate data from multiple data sources into a single database in order to derive key business metrics.
• Convert multiple Excel Spreadsheets into integrated, relational database application.
• Creation and integration of Macros and necessary code.
• Creation and integration of user interface and application dashboard.
• Possibly to interface MS Access front end with SQL Backend and deploy via web or SharePoint.
• Approximately 50% of responsibility will be collecting and proofing data from various sources.
• Heavy use of Excel to conduct simple performance analysis and compiling data on a routine basis into summary tables and charts of key metrics.
• Develop and publish key reports to drive companies S&OP processes.
• Become company resource for data and reporting needs.
• Other similar tasks as defined.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly proficient in Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, conditional formatting, functions) and Access 2007 (application development and maintenance).
• Intermediate level experience with relational database/SQL/Queries, VB client/server development, VBA for Access and Excel applications.
• Experience cleaning and resolving data issues as well as merging data from different sources into a single integrated dataset
• Demonstrated ability to develop technical processes and procedures.
• Solid knowledge of database application design specific to MS Access 2007 including but not limited to:
o Data Table Design
o Data Rationalization
o Query design (including action queries)
o Report design
o Code in VBA
o GUI Design and implementation
• Crystal Reports experience preferred.
• 4-year IT degree preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to function independently and to multitask.
• Highly organized, attentive to detail and strong interpersonal interaction skills.
• MySQL experience a plus
• Clear understanding of Supply Chain business processes and concepts.
• 3-5 years full application development experience
This post was submitted by Bob Lundblad.