We are looking to hire Senior Web Engineers to work on projects with FamilyLink.com. Candidates must have 5-10 years of proven, real-world experience building highly-available/scalable web applications. The right person will have proven experience solving complex software engineering problems, and proven intelligence based on deep understanding of Computer Science theory and practical application. Software architecture experience is OK, but active programming is required for this role.
- Good experience building social networking applications
- Solid skills with Python, PHP, Ruby, or another web language
- Several years of large systems software design and development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science required. MS preferred.
- Passionate about social and “apps” space (such as iPhone, twitter, facebook, Android, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix, MySQL/Postgres, and Apache.
- Data Mining experience preferred (but not required)
Work Location Details:
- We are seeking people who can work with us in our Palo Alto or Utah offices, but the right person can work from anywhere.
Fill out the world’s simplest job application (only three fields are required) or just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. If your resume isn’t handy, no problem. Just give us proof you’re a rock-star.
Did you know:
- FamilyLink.com is in the top 50 US web companies, according to Quantcast.
- FamilyLink.com is a high-energy startup that is both angel and venture-backed, and turned profitable in late 2008.
- Are you social? Our “We’re Related” app is one of the most popular applications on the Facebook platform.
- Mobile-minded? We have several iPhone and Android apps in the works. Join us and help!