I noticed in my Connect email this morning that Guy Kawasaki will be speaking in Utah (brief autobiography) on November 1st, 2007 (). He will be speaking on business, and it’s expected that he reveal everything unknown in the known universe… or, at lease a few cool things about How to Innovate and Change the World, for sure.
From the Connect Press Release:
Best-selling author and business visionary Guy Kawasaki will speak to Utah executives on November 1 at an event presented by Doba and co-sponsored by Connect magazine and the Utah Technology Council (UTC) at the Health Science Center at Salt Lake Community College’s Jordan Campus, 3491 West, 9000 South. Guy Kawasaki serves on the Advisory Board of Doba, the leader in online product sourcing solutions for small to medium-size retailers, and, in that capacity, has agreed to make a presentation in Utah. In this session from 3:00-5:00 p.m., Kawasaki will discuss “How to Innovate and Change the World.”
Kawasaki’s speech, “How to Innovate and Change the World,” is based, in part, on his best-selling book Rules for Revolutionaries and is aimed at inspiring and informing individuals who work at innovative companies. During his presentation, Kawasaki will lay out the strategic steps necessary to create new products and services and will answer questions from the audience afterward. To register, visit http://www.doba.com/guy.
Guy Kawasaki is widely regarded in Silicon Valley and beyond as a leading business start-up thought leader. He is the managing director of Garage Technology Ventures; the author of eight books, including The Art of the Start and Rules for Revolutionaries; a columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine; and the co-founder of Truemors.com.
“Bringing Guy Kawasaki to Salt Lake City is a real win for the many thriving businesses and start-ups that call Utah home,” says Doba co-founder and CEO, Jeremy Hanks. “Working with Guy as a member of our Advisory Board has been an enlightening experience. His experience and insights are helping our company advance on so many fronts that we felt it would be a disservice to all of us if we didn’t ask Guy to address the entire business community in Utah.”
- It’s kinda cool to see that Jeremy of Doba met Guy back in 2006, apparently thanks to blogging. Guy is currently on the Doba board.
- If you’re EVER in a situation where you have to HIRE SOMEONE, read Guy’s The Art of Recruiting post FIRST, rinse and repeat often!
- Reading How to Drive Your Competition Crazy got me hooked on his ideas and out-of-the-box thinking from day one.
- I’ve blogged about Guy a few times, including using his BOZO TEST to point out some silly things local companies have been up to lately.
- You should search YouTube for Guy Kawasaki to see more.
Books and Stuff: